1. Collecting Information
- 1.1 We collect personal information from you when you (i) submit questions or material to Us, (ii) register on this Site, (iii) purchase a product from Us, (iv) e-mail Us or (v) enter one of Our competitions. The type of personal information We may collect (if applicable) includes the following: name, date of birth, country of residence, gender, user name, password, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number and credit card information.
- 1.3 You warrant that the Registration Information is true, accurate and current and you shall inform Us of any changes made to the Registration Information. You shall not pretend to be any other person when providing Us with the Registration Information.
2. Using Information
- 2.1 The data gathered via the Site is used only for the purposes of the Site, or in relation to the professional activities of The Spice Girls or related persons, such as solo projects, including non-music projects, collaborations, or bands featuring a member of The Spice Girls (“The Band”). We use the personal information collected through this Site for the following purposes:
- in accordance with Our, the Band’s and/or Site users’ legitimate interests, in order to improve Site users’ experience of our Site, by administering the Site, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, running interactive features (such as where comments and other submissions can be made by Site users), customizing Our Site’s content and layout, notifying users of new features of the Site, and ensuring the safety and security of the Site;
- in accordance with Our and the Band’s legitimate interests to improve the quality of the Site and/or the Band’s content, products, services and communications with fans, by conducting and analysing the results of market research surveys;
- in accordance with Our, the Band’s and/or Site users’ legitimate interests to offer experiences to Site Users and assist engagement between Us, the Band and Site Users, by running competitions relating to the Band, including informing the winner and delivering any prize;
- as necessary to conclude and perform contracts relating to the purchase and delivery of any goods or services sold via the Site or any affiliate websites.
- in accordance with any consent you may have provided (normally via tick box on the Site), to send electronic messages (such as email or texts) to provide you with information about, and access to, products and services We or the Band offer, either ourselves or jointly with or on behalf of other organisations.
- in accordance with Our and the Band’s legitimate interests in promoting the Band’s goods and services to persons likely to be interested in purchasing the same, to provide you with information about, and access to, products and services We or the Band offer, either ourselves or jointly with or on behalf of other organisations, otherwise than by electronic messages (for example through display advertising on the Site or other websites that you may visit), and to measure and understand the effectiveness of the same.
- 2.2 We do not use your personal data as part of any automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects concerning you.
3. Age Restriction
- 3.1 If you are under 13 years of age you cannot become a member of the Site (where such membership services are offered on the Site). Wherever We require it, you will be asked for your date of birth and We may refuse you access to certain areas of the Site. No information should be submitted to Us without consent of the relevant parent or guardian.
- 3.2 In some cases, if appropriate, We may run a competition on the Site which is open to children under 13 years of age. In this case, We will ask you for your email address only so that We can contact you to tell you whether you have won the competition. At the end of the Competition We will suppress your personal information.
4. Note to Parents
- 4.1 This Site is not directed specifically at children under the age of 13. We do not permit registration as a Member by, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from, anyone under the age of 13, except as set out above in relation to competitions.
- 4.2 We recommend that parents/legal guardians regularly check and monitor their children’s use of e-mail and other on-line activities. Please make sure that your child does not give Us personal information on-line without asking your permission.
- 4.3 If you believe that your child under the age of 13 may have registered on the Site, you can contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org and We will tell you what personal information, if any, We are holding in relation to your child. At your written request, We will either suppress the child’s personal information or place limits on the use and/or disclosure of the child’s personal information.
5. How long we hold your Personal Information for
- 5.1 We may store the personal information that you send to Us via this Site in Our databases. We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration Our need to answer queries or resolve problems, administer and keep records relating to any goods or services you have purchased from Us, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that We may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using Our services or stop using this Site. Personal information held only on the basis of consent will be held for only so long as the consent remains valid. Data relating to your use of the Site will generally only be held for a short period, according to the applicable policies of any provider of cookies etc.
6. Your Rights
- 6.1 If for some reason you believe that you have received any e-mail from Us which you have not authorised Us to send you, or if you have any other concerns about our use of your personal information, please inform Us immediately by emailing Us at email@example.com.
- 6.2 The GDPR provides you with rights to:
- request from Us a copy of your personal information that is undergoing processing, including, in relation to personal information provided to Us by you, and which is processed by automatic means pursuant to a contract with you, or pursuant to your consent, a right to request that data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format;
- request that We rectify or complete your personal information, where it is inaccurate or incomplete for the purposes of Our processing of the data;
- request that We erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed;
- you withdraw consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you successfully object to the processing pursuant to your right of objection explained below;
- the personal information has been unlawfully processed;
- the erasure is necessary for compliance with a relevant legal obligation that applies to Us;
- request that We restrict the processing of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal information, for a period enabling Us to verify the same;
- the processing is unlawful, but you request restriction rather than erasure;
- We no longer need the data, but it is required by you in respect of legal claims;
- you have objected to the processing, until such time that we verify that there are legitimate purposes that justify such processing;
- request that We cease using your personal information for any direct marketing purpose;
- object to any processing that is based on our, or a third party’s legitimate interests, upon which event we shall suspend processing until we demonstrate legitimate purposes that justify that processing. We may at all times continue to use data for the purpose of establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- withdraw your consent for future processing (where the processing is based on that consent);
- lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the data protection supervisory authority in the UK.
- 6.3 We will comply with any valid request for information under the rights explained above within one month, though we may tell you that this period is to be extended by a further two months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. This will normally be provided free of charge. If the request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to action the request.
- 6.5 The provision of personal information to us is neither a statutory nor, except in respect of the purchase of goods or services from Us, a contractual requirement.
7.Passing Information to Third Parties
- 7.1 We shall not sell, share, hire or otherwise deal in any of your personal information or Registration Information with third parties unless you give Us specific permission to do so when you register on the Site or through a subsequent affirmative confirmation on the Site. However We work with partner organisations, namely Melanie C Music, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Victoria Beckham, who may also share your information with their present or future agents, content or service delivery partners, or professional advisors. Provided that you are over 13, We may wish to send you information in relation to these partners’ products or services and We will seek your consent (which may be at the point of registration with the Site, or at any other time), or if you are under 13 the consent of your parent or legal guardian before We do so. We will also periodically give you the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving such email communication referred to in paragraph 2.1 above.
- 7.2 As We operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer your information internationally. In particular, the hosting of this Site and the technical management of any personal information is carried out in the US and by submitting information via this Site you are submitting data to the US.
- 7.4 We may share aggregated demographic information (country, city, gender (where provided)) about Our user base with Our Site development team and web hosting provider or other relevant third parties. This information does not identify you as an individual user. We do not link such aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
8.Links to Third Parties
We may offer free newsletters to share information with you about the Site, about Us and Our affiliates and subsidiaries, or about Our business partners and advertisers and sponsors, including Melanie C Music, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Victoria Beckham. You may receive a newsletter either by registering for a particular newsletter or in conjunction with a special feature or membership for which you have registered on the Site. You may cancel your free email subscription by following the instructions provided on the Site or, in some instances, in the designated area of certain newsletters or emails.
10.Competitions and Surveys
- 10.1 From time to time We may provide you the opportunity to take part in competitions or surveys on Our Site. If you participate, We will request certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these surveys or competitions is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and address). Your personally identifiable information may be used to contact you for winner notification, prize delivery confirmation or other related purposes. We may ask your permission to allow Us to post publicly some of your information on the Site, such as on a winner’s page, in the event you win a competition or sweepstakes. Except as required by applicable law, We will not post your information without your permission.
12.Cookies etc and Online Advertising
- 12.2 We use Google AdWords and Facebook Remarketing to advertise The Spice Girls across the Internet. Remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you based on what parts of The Spice Girls website you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine. THIS COOKIE DOES NOT IN ANYWAY IDENTIFY YOU OR GIVE ACCESS TO YOUR COMPUTER. The cookie is used to say “This person visited this page, so show them ads relating to that page.” Google AdWords and Facebook Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.If you do not wish to participate in our Google AdWords Remarketing, you can opt out by visiting Google’s Ads Preferences Manager (https://google.co.uk/ads/preferences/) or Facebook’s Your Ad Preferences (https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences/)
This Forum is a great way to meet other fans and to share news about the Spice Girls. Using the Forum is fun and informative and should always be a positive experience.
So that it remains a pleasant environment, please ensure that you abide by the following rules at all times and respect other users on the board: 1.You must be 13 years old or over to post messages on the Forum. If you are not 13 years old, you may only use Our Forum with the express consent of your parent or guardian.
2.You are responsible for your own posts at all times. Although We have a Monitor who checks the board from time to time, We do not, and cannot, edit or monitor each and every posting.
3.In the event that any message that We consider, in Our sole discretion, falls within the types of message described at paragraph 5 below is entered on the Forum, We may remove it, issue you with a warning email or notice on the board, or We may ban you from the Site for an indefinite period.
4.We may, in Our sole discretion, remove any message or posting in whole or in part without notice to you. We may also close the Forum without notice to you.
5.It is prohibited to post any message or image containing;
(a) Another individual’s personal information, details or contact information;
(b) Obscene, vulgar, racist, sexist, hateful, adult, pornographic, profane or violent content;
(c) An impersonation of any third party;
(d) Code designed to make multiple messages or to otherwise interfere with the enjoyment of the board by others;
(e) An encouragement to others to act contrary to this policy;
(f) Any advertisement of any description whatsoever;
(g) Any content deliberately designed to misinform or to confuse another user; or
(h) Any content that is defamatory or which infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other third party.
6.IF YOU CONSIDER THAT ANY MESSAGE OR POSTING BREACHES THIS POLICY, EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org. WE WILL REMOVE THE OFFENDING MESSAGE OR POSTING AS SOON AS IS PRACTICABLE.
7.DO NOT GIVE ANYONE YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS OR CONTACT INFORMATION OR ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION FROM ANOTHER PERSON OR PERSONS. IF YOU SUSPECT THAT SOMEONE IS TRYING TO OBTAIN SUCH INFORMATION FROM YOU, STOP COMMUNICATING WITH THEM AND NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY HERE: email@example.com.